Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cut it out, Angelina

So as most of you know, I'm an artist who mostly works in the collage medium. I really like to do what I call "subversive collages," where I like to swing wildly between deep questions such as nature vs. nurture and more pop culture issues such as the promulgation of the entertainment world. Like I always tell people, it's not for everyone.

Here's a piece of mine from a few years ago. I have really fond memories of this piece, as I was just starting out in the business and I was still pretty naive about the art world. I think my innocence is really reflected in the work. The really great thing about this piece is that it's reversible--on the opposite is Jennifer Aniston. A lot of viewers have said that it's too daring or out-there, but I've never regretted that I went with my instincts. I've received many offers for this piece but it's too hard for me to part with it.























Offers begin at $400.00 US.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your use of celebs, it's kind of like declaring your superiority, like hunting and taxidermy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete